This course is an online 1 day course.
10 March1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PMVirtualRalph O'Brien
- £750.00 excl. VAT
26 April1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PMVirtualRalph O'Brien
- £750.00 excl. VAT
One person’s ethics are not the same as another’s’. So how can your business use Data Ethically? In this course we look at examining how to determine what ethical approaches you may wish to employ, where ethics come into play, and how to turn your Data Protection approach from “the cost of legal compliance” to the “benefits of good data governance”. We cover how to get it right first time, and examine case studies for those who didn’t!
- Data Protection approaches
- An evolution in views and maturity
- Ethics vs the Law
- Rights and Wrongs
- Reasons for investing in Privacy
- Values Led approaches
- What are Ethics?
- Why Ethics?
- Types of Ethics Approaches
- Trade offs: The trolley experiment
- Case studies
- Types of Harms
- Designing in Ethics
- DPIAs and Privacy by Design
- 1 day interactive course with experienced trainer
- All course materials
- Lunch and refreshments (if classroom based)
- DPAS folder, pad and pen (if classroom based)
The course takes 1 day to complete and will be held virtually.
There will be an exam at the end of the course, this is to ensure that all delegates have fully understood the training throughout the day.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive throughout the course. All documents will be shared via OneDrive and sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:30 pm.
Our course is great for
This qualification is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of data protection, and the GDPR in particular, to do their job; or those whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Senior Management
- Application developers
- Web designers
- Data Protection and Privacy professionals
- Information Governance, risk, and compliance
- Data Management
- Directors/Senior Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Information Security and IT
- Human Resources
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||12 Jul|
|The Role of the Data Protection Officer Course||14 Apr|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||10 May|
|Handling Data Subject Access Requests||21 Apr|