Data Champion Training
This one day course will provide an understanding of data protection obligations and tasks to assist you, as a Data Champion, to fulfil your role.
- 1 November1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- 26 January1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- 16 March1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Our Data Champion course is perfect for Line Managers or those with the role of the Data Champion or Data Guardian and who want to understand the practicalities of the data protection law. It is an interactive course and will aid delegates in understanding how to complete some of the tasks dictated by the law such as DPIAs and completing a RoPA.
Delegates are encouraged to ask questions throughout, and case studies are used to aid with learning. Delegates can share real world experiences with other attendees and discuss issues and ideas to help them within their role moving forwards.
Delegates get a free DPAS set of templates and tools to take back to their organisation to assist them in their role.
The course will cover the following topics:
- What is personal data and why does it need to be protected;
- Data protection principles;
- Employee data protection obligations;
- Employee training and awareness;
- Employee information rights;
- Key considerations for disclosing personal data to external third parties;
- What is special category data and the correct procedures for handling information such as trade union membership, medical and sick absence data;
- How to complete a DPIA (Data Protection Impact Assessment);
- How to manage a data breach;
- How to manage SARs (Subject Access Request); and
- How to update your ROPA (Record of Processing Activities).
We can design a bespoke course for your Data Champions with any additional requirements you may have.
- 1 day interactive virtual course
- Experienced trainer