Our one day Caldicott Guardian training course will guide those guardians and their deputies through applying the Caldicott Principles in their organisation.
Live online events
23 June4 hours, 09:00 AM BST - 01:00 PM BSTOnlineBarry Moult
- £300.00 excl. VAT
29 September1 day, 09:00 AM BST - 04:00 PM BSTOnline
- £300.00 excl. VAT
As a Caldicott Guardian you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of people’s health and care information, and making sure it is used in the right way. Our one day Caldicott Guardian training course will guide those guardians, and their deputies, through applying the Caldicott Principles within their organisation. The course is practical, interactive and provides a sound foundation for those already in the role or looking to move into the role.
Throughout the duration of the course we will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the role
- Sharing patient data
- Working with others to mitigate the risk to patients, staff and organization.
- Confidence that all staff know what information they can share
- Giving assurance to the Board
- Confidence that policies and procedures are in place to deal with Data Breaches
This is a virtual course which is held online using Microsoft Teams. All documents provided throughout the course will be shared via Teams.
We start the course at 9am and finish at around 1pm.
The course takes around 4 hours to complete, but we remain flexible on timing, as often we will discuss practical applications to develop understanding.
Our course is great for
- Caldicott Guardians
- Deputy Caldicott Guardians
- Those who are responsible for patient’s data
- Those working in data protection that would like further knowledge around health and social care data
- Senior managers who need to understand the sensitivity of patient data
- Information Governance team members who want a better understanding
Purpose of the Training
The purpose of the training is to ensure that delegates are sufficiently trained to deliver the role of the Caldicot Guardian. Delegates will come away with a deep understanding of the role, the safe sharing of patient data and mitigation of risks associated with patients, staff and the organisation.
Delegates will confidently be able to understand what data they can share, and provide assurance to the Board that the organisation is acting in the right manner.
- Expert trainer Barry Moult
- Course Certificate
- 1/2 day virtual course with exam
- All course materials shared via online platform for you to use in the future
|Cyber Security for Data Protection Practitioners||09 Sep|
|Data Sharing in the Public Sector||30 Nov|
|How to Understand the Data Protection Act 2018||06 Jul|
|Management of Personal Data Breaches||06 Oct|