Our one day Caldicott Guardian training course will guide those guardians and their deputies through applying the Caldicott Principles in their organisation.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
As a Caldicott Guardian you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of people’s health and care information, and making sure it is used in the right way. Our one day Caldicott Guardian training course will guide those guardians, and their deputies, through applying the Caldicott Principles within their organisation. The course is practical, interactive and provides a sound foundation for those already in the role or looking to move into the role.
Throughout the duration of the course we will cover the following topics:
- Understanding the role
- Sharing patient data
- Working with others to mitigate the risk to patients, staff and organization.
- Confidence that all staff know what information they can share
- Giving assurance to the Board
- Confidence that policies and procedures are in place to deal with Data Breaches
This is a virtual course which is held online using google hangouts, if you do not have access to google DPAS will provide you with a training log in. All documents provided throughout the course will be shared via the google platform.
We start the course at 10am and finish at around 4pm.
The course takes around 6 hours to complete, but we remain flexible on timing, as often we will discuss practical applications to develop understanding.
Our course is great for
- Caldicott Guardians
- Deputy Caldicott Guardians
- Those who are responsible for patient’s data
- Those working in data protection that would like further knowledge around health and social care data
- Senior managers who need to understand the sensitivity of patient data
- Information Governance team members who want a better understanding
Purpose of the Training
The purpose of the training is to ensure that delegates are sufficiently trained to deliver the role of the Caldicot Guardian. Delegates will come away with a deep understanding of the role, the safe sharing of patient data and mitigation of risks associated with patients, staff and the organisation.
Delegates will confidently be able to understand what data they can share, and provide assurance to the Board that the organisation is acting in the right manner.
- Expert trainer Barry Moult
- Course Certificate
- DPAS course folder sent to your house prior to the course
- 1 day virtual course with exam
- All course materials shared via online platform for you to use in the future
|The Role of the DPO||15 Apr|
|The Role of the Data Protection Officer Course||14 Apr|
|How to Understand the Data Protection Act 2018||06 Jul|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||10 May|