For further course details please click below.
21 April1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PMVirtualNatalie Bennett
- £650.00 excl. VAT
Our one-day DSAR course, provides individuals with a comprehensive understanding of managing subject access requests. The course covers legal guidance and practical topics in order to equip delegates with the understanding to confidently respond to a subject access request. Created to guide individuals with an existing knowledge towards a competent understanding, and to equip those new to the sector with the necessary tools in order to complete requests in line with relevant laws and guidance.
- Overview of relevant law in the UK.
- What rights do individuals have and in what circumstances do they apply?
- Determining whether a valid request has been made.
- Liaising with the applicant to clarify the request.
- Authenticating the identity of requestors.
- Timescales for responding to requests.
- Dealing with third party information and practical redaction guidance.
- Understanding exemptions and how to apply them.
- Presenting the response to the applicant including how to redact documents.
- Dealing with unfounded or excessive requests.
- Practical guidance on best practice and managing the process.
- One-day interactive course with an experienced trainer.
- All course materials.
- Exam (If CPD credits are to be redeemed).
- Lunch and refreshments (if classroom based).
- DPAS folder, pad and pen (if classroom based).
- Template documents to take away, including; SAR Redaction Policy and On-boarding Documents.
- Useful tools and resources for further learning.
The course takes 1 days to complete and will be held virtually.
There will be an exam at the end of the course, this is to ensure that all delegates have fully understood the training throughout the day.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive throughout the course. All documents will be shared via OneDrive and sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:30 pm (approx.).
Our course is great for
This course requires no prior understanding of subject access requests and provides a full overview of the relevant legislation and its practical application.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Information Governance, risk and compliance
- Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Human Resources
- SAR Handling staff