Our one day virtual course will help you to understand how to identify information security risks, how to mitigate these risks and manage incidents.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
As a SIRO you are expected to understand how the strategic business goals of the organisation may be impacted by information risks. Our one day virtual course will help you to understand how to identify information security risks, how to mitigate these risks and manage incidents. Throughout the day we will look at why the SIRO is an important role in health and social care, your role as a SIRO looking at leadership governance and communications. The course is practical, interactive and provides a sound foundation for those already in the role or looking to move into the role.
- Understanding the role of the Senior Information Risk Owner
- Working with others to identify risks i.e Caldicott Guardian, Data Protection Officer
- Identifying Information Risks across the organisation
- Working with others to mitigate the risk to patients, staff and organisation.
- Confidence that all reasonable technical and organisation measure are in place
- Giving assurance to the Board that risks have been consider, mitigated or owned
- Understand the requirements of external organisations, ICO, CQC
- Confidence that policies, procedures are in place to deal with Data Breaches
Our course is great for
- Deputy SIRO’s
- Those working in data protection that would like further knowledge around health and social care data
- Senior managers who need to understand the sensitivity of data
- Information Governance team members who want a better understanding
Purpose of the Training
The purpose of the training is to ensure that delegates are sufficiently trained to deliver the role of the SIRO. Delegates will come away with a deep understanding of the role, the safe sharing of patient data and mitigation of risks associated with patients, staff and the organisation. We will look at working to reduce risk and demonstrating compliance with the law and legislation.
We will look at privacy by design, how to consider emerging risks and how to mitigate these. We will also look at data breaches, investigating them and how to report them.
Delegates will confidently be able to understand what data they can share, and provide assurance to the Board that the organisation is acting in the right manner.
- Expert trainer Barry Moult winner of the ICO’s award for excellence in Data Protection 2020
- Course Certificate
- DPAS course folder sent to your house prior to the course
- 1 day virtual course with exam
- All course materials shared via online platform for you to use in the future
|How to Understand the Data Protection Act 2018||06 Jul|
|Accountability - How to Demonstrate Compliance||06 May|
|Cyber Security for Data Protection Practitioners||19 May|
|Profiling, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning||01 Jul|