GDPR SERVICES FOR SCHOOLS
DATA PROTECTION CONSULTANCY SERVICES
At DPAS we can an all-inclusive price for outsourced GDPR for Schools services. We’ve put together a cost effective package which includes software from GDPR for Schools, a suite of policies, training and an outsourced Data Protection Officer service.
As a school handling very sensitive data, it’s important that you protect and respect the personal data that you collect. Most importantly, it must be handled in line with the current legislation. Using our outsourced school services will help you to demonstrate that you are complying with the GDPR.
We have been providing services to schools since the GDPR was introduced.
We have qualified lawyers, GDPR practitioners, information security experts, qualified trainers and business analysts ready work with you.
PEACE OF MIND
By outsourcing this service ensures that you are confident that no stone will be left unturned.
HERE WHEN YOU NEED US
We have a dedicated ticketing system and phone line for our DPO support, call us whenever you need us.
- Named Data Protection Officer.
- GDPR for Schools software to support your schools ongoing compliance.
- CPD accredited training for staff, nationwide.
- Suite of policies designed for schools.
- Yearly audit (mirroring the ICO audit).
- Posters, resources, videos, support & advice.
- Support and guidance for Cyber Essentials Accreditation if required.
Your DPAS Data Protection Officer
One of the biggest changes introduced under GDPR is that schools must now have a Data Protection Officer. DPOs assist you to monitor internal compliance, inform and advise on your data protection obligations, provide advice regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and act as a contact point for data subjects and the supervisory authority. The DPO must be independent, an expert in data protection, adequately resourced, and report to the highest management level.
Most schools do not have that internal member of staff to take on the Data Protection Officer role that has the experience that the GDPR requires. Therefore, outsourcing your DPO is a cost-effective option for schools, allowing you to meet the regulatory requirements.
Our DPO will work closely with your school’s Data Champion, ensuring that Data Protection processes are in place and compliance levels are maintained.
Our outsourced Data Protection Officer will support your school in the following way:
- Provides a yearly audit report to the Governors
- Registered with the ICO
- Liaises with the School’s Data Champion
- Supports your school in the event of an ICO audit
- Provides Independent advice when required
- Can provide subject matter expertise on DPIAs
- Can assist with Data Breaches or near misses
GDPR for Schools Software
A highly secure, cloud-based tool designed to reflect existing processes and the way schools work, whilst pro-actively prompting them to meet and exceed the requirements of the new General Data Protection Regulation.
The software allows you as a school or multi academy trust to:
- Centrally manage GDPR across your school
- Demonstrate commitment to manage data sensitively and ethically
- Build a framework to encourage a culture of privacy
- Prompt good practice surrounding data protection
- React quickly to SARs, incidents and data breaches
- Advocate and demonstrate accountability
- Manage training across your school
- Report termly to your governors
- Internally audit your schools and identify potential issues
View our Cyber Security Services page to find out more.