The Data Privacy Advisory Service was started by Nigel Gooding in March 2017. Nigel has worked in many different private, and public sector organisations as a consultant, specialising in data protection for the majority of his career. The company was grown out of his passion to protect data and his pragmatic view around how to do this.
Nigel, who wrote the UK's first CPD Accredited DPO Training Course. Nigel who has been DPO for South Western Ambulance and Macmillan Cancer support as well as managing a shift as an Health Care Assistant in local Emergency Department. Nigel has also worked for 2 regulators and was the Chief Operating Officer for NHS Direct and in his spare time is writing his Masters in Information Rights Law and Practice dissertation to add to his Postgraduate Diploma and Certificate.
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
- GDPR Data Protection Officer
- Eu General Data protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F)
- Managing Successful programmes (MSP)
- Teaching License, preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector 9PTLLS) Level 4.
- PRINCE 2 Foundation
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- DBS Enhanced Certificate (Adults and children)
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Master of Laws- LLM, Information Rights Law & Practice (Northumbria University)
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGDip), Information Rights Law & Practice, Pass (Northumbria University)
- Post Graduate Certificate (PGCert), Data Protection Law and Information Governance, Commendation (Northumbria University)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management Studies (PGCert), Business Administration and Management ( The university of Bolton)
- South West Division Player Development Chair (also national chair)
- Member of the RFU Judicial Panel- Current
- Head of Discipline – students rugby football union
- Chairperson of Super Rugby (Union) League Management Committee – British Universities & Colleges Sport ( BUCS)