This course is an online course.
27 April1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PMVirtualNatalie Bennett
- £550.00 excl. VAT
The Data Protection Training by Design course is an industry recognised course. It provides a detailed insight into when Data Impact Assessments (DPIAs) are required, how to complete one, and how to recognise the risks associated. By attending and passing this course you will have a recognised, accredited qualification in DPIAs. The course will enhance your knowledge of data privacy, DPIAs and the regulations which will enable you to make a positive step towards delivering compliance.
Throughout the duration of the course we will cover the following topics:
- What is a DPIA;
- When is a processing activity likely to result in a high risk to individuals’ rights and freedoms;
- When should a DPIA be carried out;
- Roles and responsibilities associated with the completion of a DPIA;
- What must a DPIA contain;
- Stages of a DPIA: initial assessment, preparation, information flows, consultation with stakeholders, analysis, documentation
- How DPIA’s fit with information risk and the project lifecycle
- 1 day course with experienced trainer
- All course materials
- Lunch and refreshments (if classroom based)
- DPAS folder, pad and pen (if classroom based)
- Template documents to take away
The course takes around 6 hours to complete, but we remain flexible on timing as often we will discuss practical applications to develop understanding. The course includes a 1-hour exam containing 20 multiple choice questions and a 65% pass mark. After successful completion of the exam the candidate is awarded the DPIA course certificate.
Our course is great for
- Change professionals, such as Project Managers or Business Analysts looking to enhance their opportunities through improved knowledge.
- Business managers seeking to broaden their knowledge of the GDPR requirements, or those who currently have a role in data protection or information security and need to understand how to comply with the regulation.
- Any professional with a limited knowledge of DPIAs or professionals that wish to broaden their existing knowledge regarding DPIAs. It is also suitable for individuals who need to understand their responsibilities, from any business area that processes personal information or data.
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||10 May|
|Management of Personal Data Breaches||11 Mar|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||12 Jul|
|Data Ethics||10 Mar|