It’s been a busy week in the news regarding Data Protection with two notices of intention to fine in the travel sector for infringements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is the first time we are seeing the potential large fines and I expect to see lots more in the coming weeks and months.
GDPR is about transparency, lawful and fair processing, identifying and assessing risks. Once you have done this, the law requires you to put in place action which not only demonstrates compliance but make a tangible difference to the security of the data that you process.
A great way to ensure that you organisation is complying to the legislation and protecting data, is to ensure that your Data Protection Officer has sufficient training enabling them to advise and lead.
Our DPO training is not all “chalk and talk” delivered by DPOs. Instead we use case studies from our own experience, relevant legal cases, interactive learning, tools we have developed, group sessions and competence-based learning to ensure that DPOs are confident and supported to go back into their organisation and deliver GDPR assurance.
In addition to being trained by an experienced Data Protection Officer, we also give you access to added-value products and services that allow you to start work as a DPO with everything you may need.
- Your personalised 12-month action plan to implement the practical skills you picked up during the course.
- Our latest GDPR “One year on” Assurance Audit which you can use when you are back in the workplace to assess compliance and develop remediation plans, within this tool is a great one-page reporting template for your board.
- A Data Protection Officer policy, job description and business case which you can bespoke to clearly define your role, identify the key resources.
- A DPO reporting process and template reports and advice forms.
- An innovative risk model which is designed for you to assess data protection risks in your organisation.
- Access to all the latest legislation, regulations and Data Protection case studies from the UK and EU.
- Information security audit tool based upon ISO27001 which you can use to measure 92 security controls you have in your organisation.
- Access to our full suite of GDPR and Data Protection policies which include Data Breach, Data Protection Impact Assessments, Privacy Notices, Legitimate Interest Assessments, Information Governance and Security Policies and Controller/Processor contractual guidance to name just a few.
- Access to our full template suite of Individual rights policies, decision trees and template letters, everything you need to deliver Articles 12 – 22 of GDPR.
- A detailed list of the UK Data Protection Act exemptions in a format for you to apply and associated policies in which you can use when thinking about applying for exemptions.
- A free copy of Peter Carey’s excellent book, Data Protection: A Practical Guide to UK and EU law.
The DPO course is run over 4 days, and on the last day delegates will complete a CPD accredited exam. Delegates will gain 32 hours of CPD credits for completing this DPO course.
During August we are running a special offer on our LONDON course. Price was £1,995 and is now £995.
Or to reserve your place at the highly discount rate, contact email@example.com or call 01392 914019.
ONLY 5 PLACES AVAILABLE
6th / 7th and 13th / 14th August