SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS REDACTION AND PROCESSING
ABOUT SAR PROCESSING
DPAS offers outsourced data subject access requests (SAR) management services for those organisations who are struggling to cope with the demand of SARs.
Our service offering is ad-hoc so you can call on the service when you are struggling to deliver the SAR within the legal timeframes. We can manage the SAR on your behalf from start to finish and do the redactions on your behalf. DPAS will nominate a SAR lead who will be the first point of contact to manage the process.
We have been performing SAR redaction services for the past two years on behalf of our customers. We have supported a number of local authorities with social care SARs.
At DPAS we work with you every step of the way in the SAR process to ensure we are processing and redacting in the way that you would internally.
PEACE OF MIND
We have been processing SARS for a number of years. Our team is experienced in applying exemptions and our process is tried and tested.
HERE WHEN YOU NEED US
You can call on us at any time when you receive a SAR, even if you haven’t used us before. We charge a day rate, so you get maximum value for money.
- Dedicated account manager and subject access requests lead to manage and execute the service.
- The process will be managed using software that ensures timeframesare followed. The portal evidences communications between DPAS and the data subject and provides a full audit trail.
- Full resource of SAR templates to handle responses to the datasubject requests in the future to use in your organisation.
- Redaction services for electronic and paper documents.
- Redaction policy, agreed with you, if you don’t have one internally.
- A simple, yet effective on-boarding policy that allows us to clarify and fully understand your requirements.
- External DPO assistance and advice, if required.
- Ensures you adhere to legal timeframes where possible.
- As we are an independent organisation, we have experience of a variety of SARs and different processes where we can utilise best practice.
- Using DPAS ensures that there is a fresh pair of eyes at your organisations processes and an independent assessment.
- Don’t put a strain on your existing resources. We can provide SAR processing with minimal disruption to your team.
- We have designated SAR experts who will be in communication throughout, to ensure a smooth and accurate process.
1.Why would we want to outsource SARs?
Organisations have a statutory duty to respond to all Subject Access Requests (SARs) within specific timescales. Even a relatively straightforward request can require the review, processing and redaction of thousands of documents. It can be difficult to predict the volume of SARs an organisation will have to process at any given time. This makes it difficult to allocate the appropriate level of resource for this service. Our SAR Processing Service can help your organisation handle these peaks and troughs in demand. Simply purchase a package of days from us, and when required, we will process the requests on your behalf, ensuring that they are delivered within legal timeframes.
2. How much does it cost?
Prices start from £300 per day.
3. How does it work?
DPAS will nominate a SAR lead who will be the first point of contact to manage the process. The process will then be overseen by our Chief Data Protection Officer, Nigel Gooding, ensuring that if the organisation can use exemptions whilst dealing with the DSAR, these will be properly applied. On commencement of this contract, DPAS will nominate a named Account Manager to liaise with the customer, and ensure the successful delivery of this service.
The process will be managed using software that ensures timeframes are followed. The portal evidences communications between DPAS and the data subject and provides a full audit trail. It also manages the secure exchange of information between the organisation and our SAR team.
For your convenience we also offer redaction services for electronic and paper documents.
With electronic files, we ensure that they are always transferred securely through an encryption service. Following this we redact the files using Adobe Acrobat, removing metadata and redacted information permanently, before returning the redacted files.
In paper files, we are able to redact a copy of the original documents either in paper form or electronic if scanned and sent to us. We ensure that our redaction is consistent and have measures in place to make sure that the redaction services are specific to your requirements and needs.
4. How many pages can you redact a day?
We maintain a redaction speed of between 250 – 500 pages per day depending on the content of the files and the volume of redaction needed per document.
6. Are your team qualified?
Our team undertake our Internal SAR training, which is a CPD accredited course. They are also qualified Data Protection Practitioners.