Barry is one of our training consultants. He has years of experience in the field and offers bespoke and off the shelf courses focusing on Information Governance within the Health and Social Care field.
Barry won the ICOs Practitioner Award for Excellence in Data Protection Award 2020. He is a Chair for the Eastern Region IG Forum.
Barry has had a number of successes during his career. He formed the first national Strategic Information Governance Network Group, he supported the development of the former NHS Information Governance Toolkit and developed a national career path in the NHS for those working in data protection.
Barry delivers our health focused GDPR training, SIRO and Caldicott Guardian courses.
- RGN – RAF 1994
- Chiropody (School of Surgical Chiropody 1985
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Technology (C&G) 1994
- Advanced Diploma in Business & Office Technology (G&G) 1994
- Trainor & Assessor Verifier D32/D33 (Pitman Qualifications)
- BCS ECDL Health Module 2007
- NHS Leadership (Norfolk & Suffolk Leadership Academy) 2014
- Fellow of the Information Records Management Society (FIRMS)
- Nurse training in the RAF in the early 1970 (RGN until 2016)
- IT Trainer at local college in Bridgend and in Cardiff Prison
- Modern Apprenticeship Trainer/Assessor Suffolk County Council 1998-2002.
- In 2000 he became the Data Protection Officer at West Suffolk Hospital Bury St Edmunds Suffolk.
- Founded and chaired the Eastern Region IG Forum since 2003.
- Chair of GP-PCN (DPO) National Network 2020
- ICO Excellence in Data Protection Award 2020
- Former Chair of the NHS National Strategical Information Governance Network (SIGN) group. (2015 – 2018)
- Head of IG and Health Records at 2 Acute Trusts in Suffolk & Essex. September 2017 – July 2018 on secondment to the local STP looking at information sharing and GDPR for Health & Social Care.
- Keynote speaker at national conferences, with a down to earth pragmatic approach Data Protection/IG. Chair the Excellence in Health Care Conferences.
- Delivered Training for SIROs, Caldicott Guardians, GDPR, FOI, SARs, IG, DPIA and others. (Recently delivered training to GPs (Caldicott Guardians) and practice mangers for NHS England). England in Northants, Leicester, Lincolnshire, Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire.
- At present working as a Data Protection Consultant and DPO for 60 GP Practices 3 Hospices and a number of organisations providing Information Governance support, DSPT submission, gap analysis, audit and training.
- Training Associate with a number of Training Companies