FREEDOM OF INFORMATION TRAINING PATHWAY
From foundation to advanced practitioner
The Freedom of Information training track ensures you have the knowledge and professional qualifications to be the best FOI practitioner you can be.
Starting with the Foundation Certificate, you will gain comprehensive knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act, and become better placed to support your organization in processing FOI requests.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate provides an in-depth understanding of FOI, and how the Act interacts with EIR, UK-GDPR, and the Data Protection Act 2018. You will also be able to demonstrate practical competence and knowledge.
Designed by FOI Practitioners with decades of experience, the Advanced Certificate is an industry recognised course. Take your FOI expertise to the next level with a deep dive into common FOI issues, case studies, and ICO decision notices. You will also have access to an FOI mentor for 12 months, along with the opportunity to share your skills and experiences.
Get in touch today to find out more about our Freedom of Information Training Courses, or see which courses are coming up and secure your place.
One Day Online Course with Exam
The DPAS Foundation Certificate in Freedom of Information provides you with basic knowledge of the FOI Act, and how to respond to requests. It will give those with no prior training or experience the required knowledge to continue developing expertise with the BCS Practitioner Level Certificate.
- Hold a foundation certificate in Freedom of Information
- Flexible learning options, classroom or online
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Freedom of Information Act
- Understanding of the wide range of exemptions
- A developed understanding of Environmental Information Regulations and Data Protection
- Be better placed to support your organisation in processing FOI Requests