DATA PROTECTION FOR MULTI-ACADEMY TRUSTS
GDPR FOR MULTI-ACADEMY TRUSTS
Under the new GDPR legislation, schools and Multi-Academy Trusts have more responsibility. Implemented on 25 May 2018, the GDPR was a complete data protection game changer for every organisation. The new regulations are intended to strengthen and unify the safety and security of all data held within an organisation.
Schools and MATs must be able to demonstrate that they are complying.
It has bought new demands and challenges that can impact school resources and, ultimately, finances. The GDPR increases the responsibility schools have to inform parents and learners about how their data is being used and by whom.
DPAS works with councils, schools and Multi-Academy Trusts to help with their GDPR journey, but to also support them in an ongoing manner via our outsourced DPO services and more.
We have been providing services to schools and multi academy trusts since the GDPR was introduced.
We have qualified lawyers, GDPR practitioners, information security experts, qualified trainers and business analysts ready to support your schools.
PEACE OF MIND
By outsourcing this service ensures that you are confident that no stone will be left unturned.
HERE WHEN YOU NEED US
We have a dedicated ticketing system and phone line for our services, call us whenever you need us.
- Named Data Protection Officer
- GDPR for Schools software to support your schools ongoing compliance
- CPD accredited training for staff, nationwide
- Suite of policies designed for schools
- Yearly audit (mirroring the ICO audit)
- Posters, resources, videos, support & advice
- Support and guidance for Cyber Essentials Accreditation if required
Your DPAS Data Protection Officer
One of the biggest changes introduced under GDPR is that schools must now have a Data Protection Officer. DPOs assist you to monitor internal compliance, inform and advise on your data protection obligations, provide advice regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and act as a contact point for data subjects and the supervisory authority. The DPO must be independent, an expert in data protection, adequately resourced, and report to the highest management level.
Most schools do not have that internal member of staff to take on the Data Protection Officer role that has the experience that the GDPR requires. Therefore, outsourcing your DPO is a cost-effective option for schools, allowing you to meet the regulatory requirements.
Our DPO will work closely with your school’s Data Champions, ensuring that Data Protection processes are in place and compliance levels are maintained.
Our outsourced Data Protection Officer will support your school in the following way:
- Provides a yearly audit report to the Governors
- Registered with the ICO
- Liaises with the School’s Data Champion
- Supports your school in the event of an ICO audit
- Provides Independent advice when required
- Can provide subject matter expertise on DPIAs
- Can assist with Data Breaches or near misses
GDPR for Schools Software
A highly secure, cloud-based tool designed to reflect existing processes and the way schools work, whilst pro-actively prompting them to meet and exceed the requirements of the new General Data Protection Regulation.
The software allows you as a school or Multi-Academy Trust to:
- Centrally manage GDPR across your school
- Demonstrate commitment to manage data sensitively and ethically
- Build a framework to encourage a culture of privacy
- Prompt good practice surrounding data protection
- React quickly to SARs, incidents and data breaches
- Advocate and demonstrate accountability
- Manage training across your school
- Report termly to your governors
- Internally audit your schools and identify potential issues