BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
This 4 day course is ideal for those wanting to enhance their knowledge of Information Security within their organisation, at a level that gives you an understanding of the principles behind keeping data safe – ensuring you can apply your new knowledge in day to day work.
- 9 November3 days
Day 1Wed 09 Nov 09:00 - Wed 09 Nov 16:00Virtual
Day 2Thu 10 Nov 09:00 - Thu 10 Nov 16:00Virtual
Day 3Tue 15 Nov 09:00 - Tue 15 Nov 16:00Virtual
Day 4Wed 16 Nov 09:00 - Wed 16 Nov 16:00VirtualVirtualNigel Gooding
- £1,800.00 excl. VAT
- 1 March4 days
Day 1Wed 01 Mar 09:00 - Wed 01 Mar 16:00Virtual
Day 2Thu 02 Mar 09:00 - Thu 02 Mar 16:00Virtual
Day 3Tue 07 Mar 09:00 - Tue 07 Mar 16:00Virtual
Day 4Wed 08 Mar 09:00 - Wed 08 Mar 16:00VirtualVirtualNigel Gooding
- £1,800.00 excl. VAT
As a result of the rising demand for smart devices both commercially and within businesses, there has been, and continues to be an increasing demand for information security professionals. In addition Data Protection professionals are increasing being asked for security related advice when undertaking roles such as Data Protection Officer or Information Governance Manager.
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles aims to introduce Information Security Principles for those who have little or no previous experience and adds value to the CV and standing of any Data Protection professional.
With the ever-evolving technologies and ways of working, securing data and information has never been more required. This certification has now been refreshed in line with current information security practices, and the existing technical landscape.
The course is ideal for those wanting to enhance their knowledge of Information Security within their organisation, at a level that gives you an understanding of the principles behind keeping data safe – ensuring you can apply your new knowledge in day to day work.
This certificate offers a well-rounded approach to information security principles. It is not a technical exam and therefore works for those who are stepping into the cyber industry or for those who require the understanding to ensure they are safeguarding their company.
In addition to the 3 days of interactive or onsite training & exam, we also give you access to added-value products and services
- Paperback BCS Information Security Management Principles 3rd edition released in January 2021 (sent to your home address prior to the course).
- 12-month BCS Associate membership.
- Printed course materials including sample papers.
- BCS exam (to be taken when convenient to you).
- Support for 1-month post-course on data protection related matters.
- Over 40 useful tools, templates, audits, policies and more for you to use within your organisation.
- Sample papers to help you revise.
- An innovative risk model designed for you to assess data protection risks in your organisation.
- Opportunity to network with other professionals.
Our course is great for
The certificate is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of Information Security Management Principles as well as those with an interest in information security either as a potential career or as an additional part of their general business knowledge.
It is very much a firm foundation on which other qualifications can be built or which provides a thorough general understanding to enable organisations to begin to ensure their information is protected appropriately.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Information Governance, risk and compliance
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Information Security and IT
Purpose of the Training
The purpose of this training course as defined by the BCS is:
- To provide students who have not previously encountered information security with a basic understanding of the subject
- To allow students who have some experience of information security to enhance or refresh their knowledge
- To prepare students to take the exam for the BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles.
Information Security and Data Protection professionals can start with this broad-based foundation course and progress to more subject focused practitioner certifications.
This product sits within our information security portfolio alongside Data Protection and Blockchain, enabling candidates to further progress their career through other areas.
The course takes 3 days to complete. The course will be held virtually (unless otherwise agreed).
You will need access to Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) and OneDrive throughout the course. All courses will commence at 9 am and will finish at 4.30 pm. Breaks will be scheduled throughout the day. If you need to attend a meeting during the day, please discuss this with the trainer so they can tie this into allocated breaks.
There will be a closed book 2 hour exam included within the course. Candidates will be entitled to an additional 45 minutes if they are sitting the examination in a language that is not their native language. The exam format is 100 multiple choice questions and requires a pass mark of 65%.
You can take your exam at any time that suits you, there is no time limit on when you sit the exam. However, you will need to ensure that you are following the updated syllabus if you take it 6 months after the course.
The exam itself is held via remote proctor (essentially, someone watches you complete the exam). You can do this at any location convenient to you. You will use your own device for the exam.
- Information Security Management Principles
- Information Risk
- Information Security Framework
- Security Lifecycle
- Procedural and people-based security controls
- Technical security controls
- Technical security controls (Cont’d)
- Physical and environmental security controls
- Disaster recovery and business continuity management
- Other technical aspects
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Freedom of Information||21 Sep|
|BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection||13 Sep|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||03 Oct|
|Introduction to Cyber Security||03 Nov|