This course is and online course lasting 3 days. The exam will be online via remote proctor, completed after the course at a suitable time for you.
25 May3 day course
Day 1Tue 25 May 09:00 - Tue 25 May 16:00Virtual
Day 2Wed 26 May 09:00 - Wed 26 May 16:00Virtual
Day 3Thu 27 May 09:00 - Thu 27 May 16:00VirtualVirtualRalph O'Brien
- £1,800.00 excl. VAT
In addition to the 3 days of interactive or onsite training & exam, we also give you access to added-value products and services:
- The BCS Information Security Management Principles book, sent a week prior to the course for pre reading
- The BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles exam
- A certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments every day (classroom courses only)
- 12 month BCS associate membership
- DPAS branded folder, DPAS course materials including sample papers and exercise book (sent to your home or work address prior to the course)
- Trainer with over 20 years of experience in the industry
- All course materials shared digitally via Microsoft
Our course is great for
The certificate is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of Information Security Management Principles as well as those with an interest in information security either as a potential career or as an additional part of their general business knowledge. It is very much a firm foundation on which other qualifications can be built or which provides a thorough general understanding to enable organisations to begin to ensure their information is protected appropriately.
- Anyone in a role that deals with acquiring and storing data in addition to, security consultant, cyber security manager, cyber security engineer, cyber security project manager, cyber security technician, business continuity practitioner.
- Those who want to work in information security as a starting position.
- Those who need an overview of information security within their role that may not be specific to the industry.
- Those who want to become an informed customer or as a steppingstone to start their career.
- Those looking to bolster their certificate range and develop themselves in their career.
- Employers with a need embed information security in the company culture therefore reducing costly mistakes and equally enabling new processes to be implemented with security embedded.
- Those looking to bridge the skills gap in the workplace.
- Those wanting to develop their employee’s learning further with additional cyber specific certification or cross over into different areas of business, providing you with a flexible workforce.
- Employers who want to be prepared for the changes that are happening in the cyber security world now and in the future.
Purpose of the Training
IT professionals can start with this broad-based foundation course and progress to more subject focused practitioner certifications. This product sits within our information security portfolio alongside Data Protection and Blockchain, enabling candidates to further progress their career through other areas.
Modules of the certificate include:
- Web and mobile security
- Risk management and governance
- Human Factors
- Secure software lifecycle
- Operating systems and virtualisation
- Adversarial behaviours
- Network security
- Security ops and incident management
- Software security
The course takes 3 days to complete. The course will be held virtually or in a classroom.
There will be a closed book 2 hour exam included within the course. Candidates will be entitled to an additional 45 minutes if they are sitting the examination in a language that is not their native language. The exam format is 100 multiple choice questions and requires a pass mark of 65%.
Exams will either be online or paper based, depending on which option is chosen. The cost of the exam is included within the course.
All candidates will be required to have access to their own laptop throughout the course.
If attending a virtual course it will be delivered via Microsoft Teams.
- It is designed to give a full appreciation of security that will be embedded in the company culture therefore reducing costly mistakes and equally enabling new processes to be implemented with security embedded.
- This certificate gives employees an overview of cyber security that through them, will enable the organisation to be prepared for the changes that are happening in the cyber security world now and in the future.
- Employees will learn about risk management, security standards, legislation and business continuity to help protect your organisation from external threats, attacks and breaches.
- Employees can make better decisions about how to protect your organisation’s data and be able to identify and manage ways to keep it secure.
- Employees can develop their learning further with additional cyber specific certification or cross over into different areas of business, providing you with a flexible workforce.
|BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection||15 Jun|
|Cyber Security for Data Protection Practitioners||19 May|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Freedom of Information||16 Mar|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||01 Mar|