Learn about data protection and employee monitoring, from basic concepts through to considerations such as transportation and social media.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Our Data Protection and Employee Monitoring course covers all aspects of employee monitoring. Designed by expert practitioners to educate managers of all levels, this course will cover everything from basic privacy rights through to transportation monitoring.
We’ll explore the concept of employee monitoring from the basic considerations, documents, and policies, going on to support you in carrying out data protection impact assessments, and minimising data loss threats.
This course also includes focus topics such as social media, recruitment, video conferencing, and remote working.
Part 1: Privacy at Work: what is it, and why is it important?
Part 2: Personal Data Processing by Employers
- What types of data are there?
- When do additional laws apply?
Part 3: Employee Monitoring
- How to decide what kind of monitoring is permitted
- Assessing proportionality
- Carrying out a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
Part 4: The Employee and their right to be informed
- The What, How, and When of informing your employees
- Privacy notices
Part 5: Using Information obtained through monitoring
- What it can be used for, and purpose limitations
- Things to consider when using information
- Social media and recruitment
Part 6: Camera Surveillance at Work
- Key considerations of surveillance including core questions, data retention periods, and staff training
- Employment Practices Code
- ICO Guidance
Part 7: Communications & Other Monitoring
- Purpose, rules and policies
- Data minimisation and retention periods
- Staff training and purpose limitation
- Data loss prevention and detection systems
- Transport tracking: key considerations
Part 8: Remote Working
- Policies and procedures for remote working
- Device management
- Employee guidance
- Video conferencing security and considerations
- 1 day interactive course with experienced trainer
- All course materials
The course will take 1 day to complete and will be held virtually.
There will be quizzes during the course. This is to ensure that all delegates have fully understood the training throughout the day.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive throughout the course. All documents will be shared via OneDrive and sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:00 pm.
Our course is great for
This qualification is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of data protection, and the GDPR in particular, to do their job; or those whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area, such as those responsible for employee monitoring or for providing advice on this topic.
The Data Protection and Employee Monitoring course is great for managers of all levels, and employees alike.
This session is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Line management
- Directors/Senior Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Legal and procurement
- Information Security and IT
- Human Resources
|Senior Information Risk Owner Course||09 Feb 23|
|Profiling, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning - Data Privacy Issues||Register interest|
|Data Ethics||Register interest|
|Caldicott Guardian Course||23 Feb 23|