For further course details please click below.
5 May1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PMVirtualRalph O'Brien
- £700.00 excl. VAT
How do you know you comply? Can you prove it? This course looks at gathering assurance and focusses on the Audit Process for Data Protection. The three modules examine how audits play a part in the wider assurance, types of styles and techniques of auditing, and how to plan and deliver audits to deliver improvement opportunities and benefit to your organisation. Practical tips to deliver a systematic, documented, and independent examination of audit criteria, and comparing this against audit criteria to determine the extent of conformity.
- How Data Protection fits into a broader data strategy of monitoring compliance –
- Understand what Data Compliance and Data Governance is
- The ICO’s Assurance Framework
- What is a Data Protection Audit and understanding the main components
- Audit Evidence, Audit Criteria and Audit techniques
- The main deliverables in a Data Protection Audit and how to assure and assess using audit tools
- The role of Information Governance in wider audits and compliance, and how to undertake a snapshot assessment
- How to plan and undertake an audit, the audit lifecycle
- 1 day interactive course with experienced trainer
- All course materials
- Lunch and refreshments (if classroom based)
- DPAS folder, pad, and pen (if classroom based)
The course takes 1 days to complete and will be held virtually.
There will be an exam at the end of the course, this is to ensure that all delegates have fully understood the training throughout the day.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive throughout the course. All documents will be shared via OneDrive and sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:30 pm.
Our course is great for
This qualification is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of data protection, and the GDPR in particular, to do their job; or those whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Information Assurance
- Information Governance
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Information Governance, risk, and compliance
- Data Management
- Directors/Senior Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Information Security and IT
- Human Resources
|Management of Personal Data Breaches||11 Mar|
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||Register interest|
|Cyber Security for Data Protection Practitioners||19 May|
|The Role of the Data Protection Officer Course||14 Apr|