This one day course aims to give you the tools to be able to manage and monitor your audit process within your organisation.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The word 'audit' may inspire fear or dread whenever you hear it. However, an audit doesn't have to be scary cumbersome, or something you avoid. An audit is a great tool to be able to prove that you are compliant with the relevant legislation, as well as address any risks. This practical one day course will give you the tools to be able to manage or monitor your audit process within your organisation. It focuses on the audit process for data protection, covering three units that will examine the why, how, and what of a good audit. In addition to learning how audits play a part in wider assurance, this course also looks at the styles and techniques of auditing, and how to plan and deliver audits to deliver improvement opportunities and benefits to your organisation.
- How data protection fits into a broader data strategy of monitoring compliance –
- Understand what data compliance and data governance is
- The ICO’s assurance framework
- What is a data protection audit and understanding the main components
- Audit evidence, audit criteria and audit techniques
- The main deliverables in a data protection audit and how to assure and assess using audit tools
- The role of information governance in wider audits and compliance, and how to undertake a snapshot assessment
- How to plan and undertake an audit, the audit lifecycle
- 1 day course with experienced trainer
- Several useful tools, templates, audits, policies, and more for you to use within your organisation
- An innovative risk model designed for you to assess data protection risks in your organisation
- Opportunity to network with other data protection professionals
The course takes 1 day to complete and will be held virtually.
There will be quizzes and activities throughout the day to ensure that all delegates have fully understood the training.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams as sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:00 pm.
Our course is great for
This qualification is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of data protection, and the GDPR in particular, to do their job; or those whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Information assurance
- Information governance
- Data protection and privacy
- Information governance, risk, and compliance
- Data management
- Directors/Senior managers with data protection responsibilities
- Information security and IT
- Human resources