Accountability - How to Demonstrate Compliance
This one day course looks in detail at the requirements of accountability and equips delegates with the knowledge to achieve compliance within their organisation.
- 16 November1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PMVirtualNatalie Bennett
- £700.00 excl. VAT
The GDPR introduced “accountability” as a compulsory legal requirement. Further demanding that organisations are demonstrating, documenting and tracking their compliance journey.
Demonstrating compliance is made up of multiple elements, this course addresses how to best understand accountability as a principle, how to demonstrate compliance, including: preparing policies and procedures, amending documentation and developing staff skills, alongside offering delegates a practical guide on working in the environment.
This practical, interactive one day course looks in detail at the requirements of accountability and equips delegates with the knowledge to achieve compliance within their organisation.
- Who is accountable for data protection compliance?
- Demonstrating compliance with data protection principles
- What records of processing must be maintained and when might they be needed to demonstrate compliance?
- What policies need to be drafted and maintained?
- What privacy information must be provided to individuals when their personal data is collected and why is it important to maintain a record of the privacy information provided?
- Records that must be retained by processors; and
- Any additional documents/records needed to demonstrate compliance.
- 1 day interactive course with experienced trainer
- All course materials
- Lunch and refreshments (if classroom based)
- DPAS folder, pad and pen (if classroom based)
- Template documents to take away
- Accountability Tracker Tool
- Accountability GDPR Handbook (PDF)
- Examples of accountability tool templates – DPIA, ROPA, Breach Reports.
The course takes 1 days to complete and will be held virtually.
You will need access to Microsoft Teams and OneDrive throughout the course. All documents will be shared via OneDrive and sessions will be held via Teams.
The course will start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:30 pm (approx.).
Our course is great for
This qualification is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of data protection, and the GDPR in particular, to do their job; or those whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area.
This qualification is likely to be of particular benefit to those working in the following areas:
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Information Governance, risk and compliance
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Directors/Senior Managers with Data Protection responsibilities
- Legal and procurement
- Marketing and Sales professionals
- Information Security and IT
- Human Resources
|BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection||03 Oct|
|Applying Data Protection to your Marketing Activities||07 Nov|
|Auditing Data Protection Compliance||08 Nov|
|Data Sharing in the Public Sector||23 Nov|